Garbage Disposal & Recycling
Place the garbage in front of your house or store between 20:00 and 24:00.excluding Saturdays and holidays
How to separate recyclables for disposal
- Dispose separately
Remove lids and attached labels made of different materials, and empty contents before disposing them.
|Plastic (vinyl) bags||
Make sure the bags are not smeared with foreign substances, such as food, and place them inside transparent bags for disposal.
|Fluorescent lamps, etc.||
Dispose unbroken fluorescent lamps in the designated collection box.
Dispose them in the dedicated collection box at your local community service center or apartment.
Dispose clothes, cotton blankets, etc. in the clothing collection box.
Food waste (compost)
- Remove foreign
- Separate those which
animals cannot eat
- Remove liquids
- Ordinary residences : Put the waste in yellow food disposal bags and dispose them in the designated collection container.
- Multi-family housing (apartment) : Dispose the waste in the RFID garbage disposal chute.
- Small restaurants : Attach stamp notes before disposal.
- Vegetables : Root vegetables such as chives, leeks, and water celery, chili seeds, chili stem, cornstalk, onion skins, garlic peels, ginger peels, and corn husk.
- Fruits : Hard shells of walnuts, chestnuts, peanuts, and acorns, and seeds of peaches, apricots, and persimmons.
- Seafood : Shells of clams, conchs, abalones, sea squirts, oysters, crabs, and crayfish, and fish bones.
- Meat : Fur and bones of cattle, pigs, chickens, etc.
- Egg shells : Shells of eggs, duck eggs, quail eggs, ostrich eggs, etc.
- Other : Grounds of various tea, medicinal herbs, coffee beans, disposable tea bags / tooth picks.
Place only general waste inside disposal bags, and tie them up before disposal.
- Non-use of standard garbage bags
- Non-compliance of the disposal hours (20:00-24:00) * Disposals on Saturdays prohibited.
- Non-compliance of the designated disposal location (in front of your home or store).
- Mixed disposal (food, recyclables, etc.).
Special household waste
Please dispose broken wood waste in small quantity, ceramics, broken glass, PVC, synthetic resin, etc. in standard garbage bags for special household waste.
Please visit your local community service center or access the website of your Gu Office to purchase stamp notes to be attached on your large waste, including furniture (wardrobe, bed, etc.), office tools and equipment, non-broken glass, wool blankets, pillows, etc. before disposal.