Tourist Attractions in Yeouido
Yeouido is Korea’s center of politics, finance and media. It is nicknamed the "Manhattan" of Korea, as the streets of Yeouido are filled with high-rise buildings of banks and securities companies as well as the National Assembly and KBS (Korea Broadcasting System) buildings. Yeouido Hangang Park located by the Hangang River that runs through Seoul from east to west and 63 Square are must-see attractions of Seoul.
- “Take a walk and photos” at Seonyudo Park
- “Bicycle riding” at Yeouido Hangang Park (Take photos in front of I·SEOUL·U sculpture on Multi Plaza near Yeouinaru Station Exit 2)
- Aqua Planet 63 of 63 Square
- “Shopping” at IFC Mall (CGV Cinema Street on the third floor of IFC Mall is lined with cafes, character shops and four-frame instant photo booths.)
- “Spa experience” at SeaLaLa Water Park
National Assembly Building (National Assembly Memorial Hall)
The tour of the National Assembly building, a symbol of Korea’s democracy, is comprised of a tour around the National Assembly building and a visit to the National Assembly Memorial Hall. A highlight of this tour is a tour inside the meeting room for the plenary session, which requires a reservation. The National Assembly Memorial Hall, which exhibits the National Assembly-related data and historical remains, can be visited freely without reservation.
- 1, Euisadang-daero, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul (National Assembly Visitor Center)
- In front of National Assembly Station Exit 6, Subway Line 9
- 09:00~17:00 from Mon. to Fri. (until 12:00 on Sat.)
- Reservation : firstname.lastname@example.org
63 Square, which is comprised of 60 ground levels (264 m above the sea level), is one of Seoul’s symbolic landmarks. 63 Square offers a wide range of things to see and enjoy, from 63 Art observatory overlooking the Hangang River and Seoul to Aqua Planet of the fantastic mermaid show.
Hangang River Cruise (E-LAND Cruise)
Fireworks Cruise to enjoy spectacular fireworks on a cruise against the backdrop of the night scenery of Seoul has become a representative tourist attraction in Seoul. Also popular as a shooting site for many TV shows and movies, Hangang River Cruise was selected in 2016 as one of Seoul’s top ten Hallyu spots by approximately 10,000 tourists.
- 290, Yeouidong-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul
- 10-minute walk from Yeouinaru Station Exit 3, Subway Line 5
- Fireworks Cruise (19:30 on Sat.) KRW 33,000
- See website for day and nighttime products.
KBS (KBS On)
KBS On is a broadcasting exhibition center operated by the Korea Broadcasting System (KBS), Korea’s public broadcasting station. It offers a number of programs to help visitors enjoy realistic experiences of broadcasting production, such as the KBS News 9 Anchor Experience and the Virtual Studio Experience using the chroma-key technique.
- 13, Yeouidogongwon-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul
- 10-minute walk from National Assembly Station Exit 4, Subway Line 9
- 09:30~17:00 (closed on Monday of the first week of each month/public holidays: New Year’s day, Lunar New Year and Chuseok)
- Free admission
Yeouido Hangang Park
You will feel refreshed just by talking a walk in the Hangang Park surrounded by the green forest and blue water of the Hangang River amid the high-rise buildings of Yeouido. Try bicycle riding and experience Korea’s fried chicken & beer ("chimaek") culture by the Hangang River. On Friday and Saturday evening, you can enjoy busking performances while tasting international cuisine served at the food trucks.
- 330, Yeouidong-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul
- In front of Yeouinaru Station Exits 2 and 3, Subway Line 5
Seonyudo Island, one of the islands in the Hangang River, is an ecological park established by recycling a water purification facility that used to be located on the island. Take pictures against the concrete structures of the old purification plant, and enjoy a leisurely walk among a variety of aquatic plants in the water-themed garden.
- 343, Seonyu-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul
- 20-minute walk from Seonyudo Station Exit 4, Subway Line 9
- Free admission